Southeast Louisiana Legal Services
COVID-19 Veterans Legal Advocacy Project
Southeast Louisiana Legal Services (SLLS), the largest nonprofit civil legal aid provider in Louisiana, addresses veterans’ legal issues
- via onsite legal clinics at the New Orleans Veterans Administration Medical Center and area VA health clinics,
- their Veterans Hotline, and
- their numerous partnerships with local Veterans Treatment Courts and veteran service providers.
SLLS’ legal services help
- veterans living with disabilities receive critical benefits.
- housing-insecure veterans maintain housing.
- remove veterans’ barriers to employment.
This BWF grant will fund legal services for at least 150 military and veteran households in the greater New Orleans area and in the Northshore’s rural areas.