To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Content Writer & Strategist will be working with and reporting to the Chief Growth and Marketing to help develop content, materials, tools and resources that support all BWF portfolio marketing efforts. The content developer must be able to translate available materials, research, messaging and programmatic deliverables into compelling content that engages and grows a diverse audience across a range of platforms. The Content Writer & Strategist will also work with the integrated Growth and Marketing team and other disciplines within BWF to identify, schedule, coordinate and source capabilities for original content collection related to BWF events, programs, or other opportunities. Must be willing to interact with leadership, stakeholders and media to disseminate content and other information across a wide range of outlets and platforms.
Essential Job Responsibilities
The primary functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Lead all BWF content efforts, including content objectives informed by BWF brand messaging, content collection planning and execution, content calendaring and recommendations on integrating BWF content across the portfolio (BWF, NVI, GY6, etc.)
- Develop content strategy and content calendar to support BWF marketing plans and operations calendar on an annual basis
- Coordinate with key stakeholders across the BWF portfolio to launch new content successfully and ensure content is up to date
- Manage relationships with external vendors for creation and delivery of content
- Develop the narrative for content, with a high degree of conceptual creativity and verbal polish
- Produce visually striking and well-articulated content that clearly conveys BWF brand messaging
- Create engaging materials to educate and persuade a wide range of audiences on a variety of veteran topics using the full spectrum of available channels (presentations, one-pagers, webinars, video, exercises and/or e-learning formats); audiences will include, but are not limited to the general public, targeted donor cohorts, internal stakeholders including the Board of Directors and Leadership Council, the veteran/military family/caregiver population, and the veteran nonprofit sector.
- Content products for BWF include, but are not limited to, executive communications, website and social media content, digital marketing and newsletters, email CRM, printed collateral, photo and video acquisition and editing, graphic design, presentation templates, and other ad hoc requirements.
- Coordinate on cross-functional teams to determine content and delivery methods
- Research and collect information for departmental and foundation communications
- 2-3 years’ experience in digital and social media content, marketing and development
- High level of experience with Microsoft Office
- Strong writing skills and experience with storytelling design, with an emphasis on short-form digital content and engaging multimedia messaging
- Proven problem-solving, attention to detail, multi-tasking, and analytical abilities
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and public speaking skills
- Successful track record working in a fast-paced cross-functional environment. Nonprofit experience a plus
- Good knowledge on information mapping, HTML, Photoshop, Dreamweaver, macromedia flash, MS- FrontPage and other web tools such as Ad words and others
- Excellent online communications, writing skills, listening skills, multi-tasking skills
- Ability to work individually or as a member of a team
- Skills to edit and update websites and content a plus
- Bachelor’s degree required – communication or journalism preferred
New York City office with moderate travel and outside office engagements as directed.
Travel requirements should not exceed 25% of time.