The Bob Woodruff Foundation invests in programs that support post-9/11 impacted veterans, service members, their families, and caregivers.
Proposals must fall within one (or more) of our three core areas in order to be considered:
- Education and Employment
- Rehabilitation and Recovery
- Quality of Life
Programs considered for funding must:
- Demonstrate commitment and access to their target community
- Clearly articulate an understanding of the issue(s) to be addressed
- Be evidence-based and/or supported by peer-reviewed research
- Establish planned and measurable program goals and outcomes
- Collaborate with existing community resources and organizations
- Provide solutions that complement services and resources provided by the U.S. Department of Defense, Department of Labor, and Department of Veterans Affairs
- Exhibit appropriate scale to optimize impact and resources
- Demonstrate potential replicability to other organizations and/or locations
- Plan for program sustainability
To learn about programs we have funded in the past, visit our Program Partners.
How to apply for funding:
- During the open submission window, follow the link below to complete our online proposal summary.
- After you have submitted the proposal summary, please email your current 990 and supporting evidence to firstname.lastname@example.org. BWF will not consider your proposal before receiving current 990 and supporting evidence.
- You will receive an email confirmation once your submission and requested materials have been received. If you do not receive a confirmation receipt within 3 business days after emailing 990 and supporting documents, please resend materials.
Our application process is a rolling two-step process. After reviewing your proposal, BWF may invite you to submit a more detailed application for a BWF grant.
Please submit your proposal as early as possible. BWF will review proposals and send invitations to apply throughout the proposal period.
Those organizations that delay submitting a proposal may have only one week to complete and submit a detailed application.
Being invited to submit an application does not guarantee funding. We will always consider more programs than we are able to fund.
BWF will accept submissions for the Spring 2018 grant cycle from November 13, 2017 through January 10, 2018.
Should you have any additional questions, please email: email@example.com