Grant applications are currently closed. Please monitor this page for updates on future funding opportunities.
Bob Woodruff Foundation grants invest in programs that help our service members, veterans, and their families and caregivers thrive. In 2020, we adjusted our grantmaking to address the urgent needs of the military-veteran community during COVID-19.
On April 2, 2020 the Bob Woodruff Foundation released a pivotal paper entitled, “Veterans and COVID-19: Projecting the Economic, Social, and Mental Health Needs of America’s Veterans.”
BWF adjusted our 2020 grantmaking approach to focus on priority, near-term needs:
- Following the release of our Veterans and COVID-19 paper, we pivoted our Spring 2020 cycle to address immediate needs.
- We also opened an expedited cycle to add support when and where it is needed most.
- In just two weeks, we received over 400 applications requesting more than $35 million in support.
- We received requests for almost 6 times more need than we could grant in 2020.
- Given the immediate need coupled with a rapidly changing landscape due to the outbreak, BWF expedited our processes and granted those funds in June and July 2020.
The Bob Woodruff Foundation reviews each application individually in the order they were received. We will contact every program that submits an application informing them of our determination. We ask that applicants remain patient while our team is working through our process.
Should you have any additional questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org