BWF is accepting applications!
Submit by December 18, 2020 to be considered in our first wave of funding.
Bob Woodruff Foundation grants invest in programs that help our service members, veterans, and their families and caregivers thrive. In 2020, we adjusted our grantmaking to address the urgent needs of the military-veteran community during COVID-19.
On April 2, 2020 the Bob Woodruff Foundation released a pivotal paper entitled, “Veterans and COVID-19: Projecting the Economic, Social, and Mental Health Needs of America’s Veterans.”
BWF adjusted our 2020 grantmaking approach to focus on priority, near-term needs:
- Following the release of our Veterans and COVID-19 paper, we pivoted our Spring 2020 cycle to address immediate needs.
- We also opened an expedited cycle to add support when and where it is needed most.
- In just two weeks, we received over 400 applications requesting more than $35 million in support.
- We received requests for almost 6 times more need than we could grant in 2020.
- Given the immediate need coupled with a rapidly changing landscape due to the outbreak, BWF expedited our processes and granted those funds in June and July 2020.
BWF is now accepting 2021 grant applications! Given the urgent needs that our research highlighted, and that we also about hear from our many partners, BWF is prioritizing grants from qualified 501(c)3 organizations with programs addressing:
- Emergency hunger and financial relief
- Housing support and homelessness prevention
- Case management, including employment services for at-risk veterans
How to apply for funding:
- After reviewing all of directions below, returning users can log in to the BWF grantee portal here and proceed to Step 4. New users should follow all of the below directions.
- New users can click here to create an account for your organization. NOTE: Be sure to save the username and password you used to create an account. Your username is NOT your email.
- Confirm your account by clicking on the link in your confirmation email. NOTE: You should only click “Continue” once. If you accidentally click “Continue” more than once, you may encounter an issue at this stage. If an error occurs, please click here to log in with the username and password for the account you just created.
- Once you are logged in, click on the “Explore Grant Opportunities” tab to review the instructions for the cycle and begin your application.
- After you complete all of the required fields, click “Review/Submit” to review your application.
- When you are satisfied with your application, click “Submit.”
- You can confirm you submitted your application by clicking on the “Applications” tab in your Grantee Dashboard.
- Wait for BWF to contact you regarding the status of your application.
Once you have followed the above steps to create your account, you can access the Bob Woodruff Foundation grant portal at bobwoodruff.force.com/bwfgrants.
The Bob Woodruff Foundation reviews each application individually in the order they were received. We will contact every program that submits an application informing them of our determination. We ask that applicants remain patient while our team is working through our process.
Should you have any additional questions, please email: firstname.lastname@example.org