VIVA—Veterans In Vitro InitiAtive
Supporting programs that help veterans begin a family is rooted in the Bob Woodruff Foundation mission—to find, fund, and shape innovative programs that help veterans, service members and their families thrive. The Bob Woodruff Foundation is proud to have funded more than 30 veterans since we initiated the VIVA Fund in 2016.
The Bob Woodruff Foundation (BWF) works in collaboration with the Department of Veterans Affairs, to inform veterans with service-connected fertility challenges of the various fertility benefits and services available to them. When the VA-funded program is not appropriate for a veteran, BWF may provide up to $5,000 funding to veterans eligible for the BWF Veterans In Vitro InitiAtive (VIVA) Fund.
To be considered for VIVA, you must submit the following documents with your application:
- VA disability rating letter, including an itemized list of service-connected disabilities.
- A letter from your fertility center stating they are a member of SART and will provide a W9. (Download Sample SART Letter)
- VA confirmation letter from your VA medical facility stating they are aware that you are attempting IVF. This may come from your primary care physician or Women Veteran Program Manager. (Download Sample VA Confirmation Letter)
- Signed consent form. (Download VIVA Consent Form)
- Documentation indicating the cost of your treatment.
Questions? Please read our Frequently Asked Questions.
To contact us, email: firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you'd like to help veterans have the family of their dreams, please make a donation!