The Marketing Manager is responsible for planning and executing integrated marketing campaigns that elevate the overall brand of the Bob Woodruff Foundation and its growing portfolio of programs. Reporting to the Chief Growth and Marketing Officer and in collaboration with the leadership team, the Marketing Manager conceptualizes strategies for all external communications channels: social media, digital marketing, website, media, white sheets, reports and events. This is a growth opportunity for a talented PR/marketing professional to oversee short and long-term PR, marketing and social media strategies for a leading not-for-profit organization.
To apply for this position, please email your resume and cover letter to email@example.com.
The primary functions of this position include, but are not limited to the following:
- Develop and implement an organizational strategic PR and marketing plan that broadens and strengthens BWF’s brand identity across key stakeholders, including staff and board, donors, elected officials, community partners and post 9/11 veterans and their families
- Develop, implement and refresh a proactive media strategy for social, online, print and promotional media outlets
- Execute brand related marketing research
- Conceptualize and implement an effective website/social networking strategy, to include keeping the website and social media content current and relevant
- Work in partnership with the communications staff to create a content management strategy
- Conceive of and implement tactics to support content across marketing and social media platforms
- Manage and strengthen external communications with grantees, donors, and other non-profits
- Develop and implement internal communications strategies for board members and other BWF representatives
- Develop recommendations for, and manage implementation of, thought leadership opportunities for BWF leaders, including the CEO and senior leaders
- Create and maintain data sheets, media reports/hits, and other items detailing BWF contributions to the post-9/11 wounded, ill, and injured landscape
- Evaluate and implement strategy to better leverage BWF’s charitable investment program, the platform of its founders, and its high-profile events
- Promote and secure media/communication opportunities for the foundation as it relates to BWF’s major events to include: Stand Up for Heroes, additional fundraising events, and convenings
- Ensure effective representation in publications to promote BWF’s role in grantees’ successes and the non-profit arena in general
- Maintain knowledge of the foundation’s mission, priorities, and positions
- Regularly travel to fundraising events, marketing opportunities for the foundation, CI events, and other requirements as identified by BWF leadership
Critical Competencies for Success
- Bachelor’s degree in communications, PR, marketing/advertising or related field
- 5-7 years’ experience in a marketing or communications role
- Digital, social media and content management experience
- Excellent verbal and written communications, especially adept at developing and pitching persuasive capabilities presentations and creative promotional concepts
- Able to drive on-time and on-brand delivery of marketing and communications campaigns through clear project management and cross-functional communication
- Effective networker and experience in strengthening relations with media
- Strong interest in the Bob Woodruff Foundation’s mission
- Able to work effectively as part of a small, proactive team
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Salesforce experience
- Ability to work for extended days and on weekends during critical points in grant or program cycles or for major planned events
- Willingness to travel when appropriate
25% travel is estimated per year.
Required to stand for short periods of time and limited lifting of objects.
None. Working alongside Communications Manager.