Welcome! By accessing this page, you are applying for a Bob Woodruff Foundation grant through the generous support of NFL funding.
Bob Woodruff Foundation grants invest in programs that help our service members, veterans, and their families and caregivers thrive. In 2020, we have adjusted our grantmaking to address the urgent needs of the military-veteran community during COVID-19.
On April 2, 2020 the Bob Woodruff Foundation released a pivotal paper entitled, “Veterans and COVID-19: Projecting the Economic, Social, and Mental Health Needs of America’s Veterans.”
In response to the findings outlined in the paper, the Bob Woodruff Foundation continues to raise funds to support service members, veterans, caregivers and military families. We are conducting an expedited grant cycle to fund programs providing direct support to the military/veteran population during the COVID-19 pandemic.
We envision that these grants will include, but not be limited to, the following types of efforts:
- Housing and homelessness prevention
- Clinical mental health care, provided virtually
- Virtual peer-to-peer support and socialization opportunities
- Emergency financial and hunger relief
- Promoting healthy lifestyles
- Employment services
- Strengthening community-based service coordination
BWF encourages all prospective applicants to consider current guidelines for safe delivery of programs.
Programs considered for funding must:
- Submit a complete application following the directions below
- Provide direct services to the military/veteran population
- Be prepared to begin immediately upon receipt of BWF funding
- Be administered through a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization
- Demonstrate financial responsibility and sustainability and have filed a 990EZ or 990 for the last two fiscal years
- Provide an audited financial statement or a certified financial statement (to include a balance sheet and income statement)
- Have two years of gross receipts greater than $50,000
- Clearly articulate an understanding of the issue(s) to be addressed
- Be evidence-based and/or supported by peer-reviewed research
- Collaborate with existing community resources and organizations
- Provide solutions that complement services and resources provided by the Small Business Administration and U.S. Departments of Defense, Labor, and Veterans Affairs
- Report impact to the Bob Woodruff Foundation
How to apply for funding:
- After reviewing all of directions below, returning users can log in to the BWF grantee portal here and proceed to Step 4. New users should follow all of the below directions.
- New users can click here to create an account for your organization. NOTE: Be sure to save the username and password you used to create an account. Your username is NOT your email.
- Confirm your account by clicking on the link in your confirmation email. NOTE: You should only click “Continue” once. If you accidentally click “Continue” more than once, you may encounter an issue at this stage. If an error occurs, please click here to log in with the username and password for the account you just created.
- Once you are logged in, click here to access the application.
- After you complete all of the required fields, click “Review/Submit” to review your application.
- When you are satisfied with your application, click “Submit.”
- You can confirm you submitted your application by clicking on the “Applications” tab in your Grantee Dashboard.
- Wait for BWF to contact you regarding the status of your application.
Once you have followed the above steps to create your account, you can access the Bob Woodruff Foundation grant portal at bobwoodruff.force.com/bwfgrants.
The Bob Woodruff Foundation reviews each application individually in the order they were received. We will contact every program that submits an application informing them of our determination. We ask that applicants remain patient while our team is working through our process.
Should you have any additional questions, please email: email@example.com.