Craig Newmark Philanthropies (CNP) announced on Tuesday a generous $15 million donation to address food insecurity across America. Newmark made the commitment during the first “Leaders Eat Last” virtual panel event, part of a series developed by the Bob Woodruff Foundation (BWF) to take a deeper look into the systems and solutions surrounding food insecurity and specifically its effect on veterans. Tuesday’s commitment from Craig Newmark Philanthropies comes after the organization gave $10 million to the fight against food insecurity in October. More Info.
The Bob Woodruff Foundation (BWF), in partnership with Craig Newmark Philanthropies, is announcing the launch of Leaders Eat Last, a panel series that will kick off in January 2021 and focus on the complex and growing problem of food insecurity in the military/veteran community. More Info.
This white paper analyzes and summarizes the “checkpoints” that were distributed to the Bob Woodruff Foundation’s network of over 100 local partner collaboratives, representing more than 3,000 organizations across the nation. These individual assessments provide local partners a clear picture of how they and their peers are developing, what they can learn from other communities, and which areas for improvement will have the biggest return on investment—that is, the greatest impact on the veterans and military families they serve. More Info.
Viewers across the U.S. and around the world tuned into the special event hosted by Jon Stewart, featuring a star-studded line up of performances from Nate Bargatze, Ronny Chieng, Sheryl Crow, Mickey Guyton, Tiffany Haddish, Brad Paisley, Patti Scialfa, Iliza Shlesinger, and Bruce Springsteen, with special guests including Jeannie Gaffigan, Prince Harry, The Duke of Sussex, Brian Regan, Ray Romano, and more. More Info.
BWF in the News
- Food distribution events in North Chicago | Daily Herald, January 29, 2021
- Listening to America | The Hill, January 22, 2021
- Partnership is helping food insecure Veteran families | KMBC, December 24, 2020
- UFC Raises $11,000 for The Bob Woodruff Foundation During UF – SEA T-Shirt Campaign | November 30, 2020
- How to Watch the Stand Up for Heroes Virtual Benefit for Veterans With Bruce Springsteen, Jon Stewart and More | Newsweek, November 18, 2020
- NFL recognizes and honors military community through increased grants, partnerships | November 11, 2020
- Veterans Impacted by Hurricane Harvey Receive Help in Weathering a New Storm: COVID-19 | August 20, 2020
- New Bob Woodruff Foundation Research Paper Outlines COVID-19’s Implications for Veterans, Provides Recommendations | April 2, 2020