Friends and supporters,
We are sensitive to the personal and professional challenges that each of you is facing given the impact of COVID-19. I wanted to share an update on how the Bob Woodruff Foundation is adapting to this crisis and highlight the important work still being done for our veterans and military families.
We appreciate all of our partners and want to ensure that their focus is on the health and safety of their teams and the military/veteran community that we jointly serve.
• For that reason, we have reached out to each of our grantee partners informing them that we will work with them to adapt project timelines and deliverables so that no organization is unnecessarily burdened by requirements set forth in our grants.
• Additionally, we will continue to serve our network of over 100 Local Partner collaboratives in 45 states during this time.
• With guidance from our Board of Directors and Leadership Council, as well as official guidance from the CDC, WHO, and other institutions, our staff is working remotely. We will continue to put the welfare of our team at the forefront of our operations.
Below are several resources for news and guidance that are regularly updated to help you and your community stay healthy, safe, and informed.
- Follow VA Public Health coronavirus updates, and get familiar with VA’s guidance on accessing emergency care, urgent care, and immunizations in your community.
- Community leaders can access and subscribe to National Veteran Intermediary’s “News You Can Use” to stay updated.
- The American Foundation for Suicide Prevention offers Taking Care of Your Mental Health in the Face of Uncertainty, an article that includes a number of recommendations for supporting those who experience anxiety or other mental health impacts during this outbreak.
- Need to talk? Our grantee Vets4Warriors is a 24/7 confidential peer support network for veteran and military communities. They provide immediate, free, and long-term peer support through confidential phone, chat, text, and email conversations. Visit www.vets4warriors.com or call 1-855-838-8255.
We are fortunate to work with a community of veterans, their families, and caregivers who are known for their resilience through adversity. Their example inspires us to remain hopeful for the future. Our team will continue to keep you informed about issues impacting our network, creative insights from our partners serving veterans, and updates on key dates and events. While these are uncertain times, we remain steadfast in pursuit of our mission and look forward to celebrating and honoring our nation’s veterans at the 14th Annual Stand Up for Heroes on November 9, 2020.
Anne Marie Dougherty
Chief Executive Officer