Highlights from our 2023 VOWS Symposium
Hundred of active duty, reserves, and veterans joined us for our 2023 VOWS Symposium, generously hosted in collaboration with BlackRock.
We brought together military and industry leaders to discuss veteran and military spouse support and retention in civilian careers. Speakers highlighted the importance of
- understanding military cultural competence and retaining veterans in the workforce
- supporting those who continue to serve as Reservists and military spouses and
- translating military skills to civilian workplace demands.
The VOWS Symposium is an annual event. We look forward to seeing you in 2024.
VOWS facilitates career and business opportunities across industries for veterans and service members.
Through educational initiatives, mentoring, outreach, employee affinity groups, and an annual conference, VOWS promotes career development, support, and retention of veterans – from Wall Street to main street.
VOWS pledges to
- support our nation’s service members and their families in peace, in crises and in war.
- recognize, honor and enforce the Uniformed Services Employment and Re-Employment Rights Act (USERRA).
- ensure those who manage and supervise Guard and Reserve members have the tools they need to effectively lead these employees.
Interested in becoming an event sponsor? Have an idea for an event that may benefit a veteran seeking a career? Make an impact today.
Join Us for Stand Up for Heroes
The annual Stand Up for Heroes launched in 2007 as the brainchild of Bob and Lee Woodruff and New York Comedy Festival founders Caroline Hirsch and Andrew Fox, and has historically been New York’s most anticipated night of hope, healing, and laughter honoring our veterans and military families. VOWS is a presenting partner of the event.
Follow VOWS on social media for updated happenings and check out our other events.