Application for Organizations Addressing Urgent Needs
This funding opportunity is available for organizations addressing urgent needs including: financial distress related to housing, food, childcare, transportation, and employment. The application window is open now and closes October 5. Organizations may request up to $40,000 in funding for programs providing financial, material, and/or case management assistance to alleviate these needs. Final award amounts will be informed by organizations’ processes for managing urgent relief programs, financial health, capacity, and prior success executing Bob Woodruff Foundation funding. Funding recipients will be notified at the end of November. Grant recipients should expend all funds within 6 months.
To be eligible for this funding opportunity, your organization must:
- Operate a program addressing urgent needs through a non-profit organization
- Ensure funding is exclusively reaching service members, veterans, their families, and their caregivers
- Exclusively award funding toward approved expense categories
- Employ a professional staff to administer the program
- Use a clear process and set of eligibility requirements for individuals seeking assistance, including level or type of assistance that requires proof of financial burden
- Establish a maximum payment amount per individual/household
- Issue payments directly to the vendor, not the individual seeking assistance
- Collect participant demographic information and monitor outcomes
- Prioritize clients based on severity of need
Priority will go to organizations that:
- Demonstrate deep ties to the geographic area they are requesting funding to support
- Clearly establish the need for emergency assistance funding in their community
- Demonstrate a proven ability to report on funding outcomes
- Provide case management, or maintain partnerships with organizations in your community that provide case management
- Provide evidence-based mental healthcare, or maintain partnerships with organizations in your community that provide evidence-based mental healthcare
- Maintain a relationship with their local VA (eg., information sharing, referrals, programming)
- Demonstrated strong engagement with Bob Woodruff Foundation’s Got Your 6 Network (e.g., completed the Got Your 6 Community Survey, and engaged in Bob Woodruff Foundation-hosted webinars or calls)
- Sign a Got Your 6 Network membership form
Those who are notified that they will receive funding from the Bob Woodruff Foundation must sign an agreement to adhere to reporting requirements. All funding will be disbursed contingent upon a signed agreement.
Please direct any questions to [email protected].